– 3 large carrots, washed
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 cup water
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
– 2 nori sheets, broken into bits
– 2 Alvarado St. Bakery Sprouted Wheat Bagels
– 1 roma tomato, sliced
– 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
– Vegan cream cheese
– Fresh dill
– Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Brush carrots with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until tender and fragrant. Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining lox ingredients and transfer to a shallow dish.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, cut carrots in thin strips. Place in the marinade, making sure carrots are completely submerged. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. This can also be made the night before.
3. To prepare the bagel sandwiches, slice the bagels in half and lightly toast. Spread both layers with cream cheese and top with tomatoes, carrot lox, onions, fresh dill, and capers.
4. Serve immediately.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.