For the salad:
– 1 head of broccoli, very finely chopped
– 1 cup shredded carrots
– 1 (15 ounccan chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds (can also use chopped roasted almonds)
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries
– 1 bunch green onions, chopped
– ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the dressing:
– 1/4 cup tahini
– 1/2 large lemon, juiced
– 3-5 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
– 1 clove garlic, finely minced
– 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, to sweeten
– 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
– ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger
– ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
– ½ teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, add finely chopped broccoli, chickpeas, carrot, cranberries, green onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
2. Make the dressing by whisking together the following ingredients in a small bowl: tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, maple syrup, curry powder, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper. Immediately drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle almonds on top and toss a few more times.
3. Serve immediately with fresh squeeze of lemon or place in the fridge for later. Salad will keep well up to 5 days.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.