For the Spice Mix:
– 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon black salt (also called kala namak) or regular salt
– 3/4 teaspoons turmeric
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the tofu scramble:
– 1 tablespoon oil (such as olive or vegetalbe)
– 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups sliced)
– 1 red pepper, chopped
– 1/2 yellow onion chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 454g block medium-firm tofu or firm tofu OR 2 349g blocks extra firm silken tofu (a little more or less tofu won’t make a big difference)
– 1 19oz can black beans (2 cups), drained and rinsed
1. Add all of the spice mix ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When hot, add the mushrooms, pepper, onion, and garlic and sauté for about 8 minutes until everything just starts to brown.
3. Add the tofu blocks and break it apart with your spoon until you get a nice scramble texture with lots of chunks. Stir in the spice mix and black beans. Heat through for another 5 – 8 minutes until hot.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.