– 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
– 4 large cloves of garlic
– 1 796 ml can diced tomatoes
– Salt & pepper to taste I used 1 teaspoon salt & ½ teaspoon pepper
– 2 teaspoons dried herbs
– 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes use less if you prefer less heat
– 1 teaspoon sugar optional but helps to bring out the tomato flavour
– 1 block of unpressed medium tofu cut into rounds (around 350g although this doesn’t have to be exact) see
– Indian Black Salt (Kala Namak) optional
1. Warm the olive oil in a skillet and cook the garlic over medium heat until just starting to turn a little brown. (use a drop of water instead of the oil to keep the recipe oil-free).
2. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, chili flakes, herbs and optional sugar.
3. Simmer over a medium heat for 5 minutes then add the tofu rounds.
4. Turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is thickening up a little and the tofu is soft and heated through.
5. Sprinkle the tofu with a little Indian Black Salt just before serving if you would like an eggy flavour.
6. Serve with toast, crusty bread or baguette to mop up the juice!
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.