– 1 cup Basmati rice (equals 3 cups cooked rice)
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 2 carrots, cut into thin sticks
– 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin sticks
– 1/2 cup frozen peas
– 1/2 cup cashews
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon curry powder
– 1 cup pineapple, cut into small pieces
– 2 green onions, cut into rings
– salt, to taste
– black pepper, to taste
– red pepper flakes (optional)
– fresh cilantro (optional)
1. I like the Thai pineapple fried rice best with left-over rice from the day before. So cook the rice according to the instructions on the package and store it in an air-tight container in the fridge until you use it. Cook the frozen peas for about 7 minutes.
2. In a large pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion for about 3 minutes. Then add the garlic, the carrots, and the bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Then stir in the cooked rice and season with the curry powder and the soy sauce. Next, add the pineapple, the peas, the green onion, and the cashews. Season with salt, black pepper, and if using red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined. Serve with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.