– 4 tbsp olive oil
– 2 large onions, halved and sliced
– 3 garlic cloves, crushed
– Thumb-sized piece root ginger, peeled
– 1 tsp paprika
– ½ tsp cayenne
– 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
– 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
– 250g red cabbage, shredded
– 1kg sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
– 300g passata
– 400ml coconut milk
– 2 tbsp peanut butter
– Small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
– Cooked couscous
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the onion. Fry gently for 10 mins until soft then add the garlic and grate the ginger straight into the pan. Stir in the paprika and the cayenne and cook for another minute then tip into the slow cooker.
2. Return the pan to the heat and add another 1 tbsp oil along with the chilli, red pepper and shredded cabbage. Cook for 4-5 mins then tip into the slow cooker.
3. Use the remaining oil to fry the sweet potatoes, you may have to do this in 2 or 3 batches depending on the size of your pan. Cook the sweet potatoes for around 5 mins or just until they start to pick up some colour at the edges then put them in the slow cooker too.
4. Pour the passata and the coconut milk over the sweet potatoes, stir to mix everything together and cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook for 6-8hrs or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
5. Stir the peanut butter through the curry, season well with salt and pepper and serve with couscous and chopped coriander scattered over the top.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.