– 2 chia eggs (mix together 2 Tbsps chia seed + 6 Tbsps water)
– 1/2 cup vegan milk + 1 1/2 tsps fresh lemon juice (or ACV)
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1/3 cup coconut sugar (sub granulated or brown sugar)
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
– 1/2 cup almond meal
– 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
– 3/4 cup ripened banana, mashed (about 2 bananas) (+extra for topping)
– 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or agave)
– 1/2 cup strawberries, diced (+ extra for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit
2. Place 12 muffin liners in a standard muffin pan. Or, you can lightly grease each slot.
3. Prepare chia eggs in a small bowl and set aside, about 10 minutes, until it forms a gel-like texture.
4. In a separate small bowl, add the almond milk and lemon juice. Set aside about 10 minutes. This creates a vegan buttermilk.
5. In a medium bowl, add baking soda, coconut sugar, sea salt, rolled oats, almond meal and flour. (All dry ingredients) Combine well.
6. In a large bowl, mash banana and then add the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, chia eggs and buttermilk mixture. Whisk to combine well.
7. Now add the dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients. Fold batter gently until just combined. Gently fold in strawberries.
8. Fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full. Top each muffin with a few slices of strawberries & bananas (optional)
9. Place in oven & bake the muffins until they are slightly golden on top, about 18-22 minutes. Insert toothpick into middle of muffin, if it’s mostly clean, then they’re ready. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack for another 10-15 minutes. To avoid the liner sticking to the muffin, let them completely cool before enjoying.
*Chia Egg Alternative: 1- If you don’t have chia seeds, you can use ground flax seed instead. The measurements and method are the same as the chia. If you only have whole flax, you can grind the flax seed in a coffee grinder.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.