– 3/4 cup raw cashews
– 8 large carrots, rinsed
– 2 tablespoons canola oil
– 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
– 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/4 cup jarred salsa
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 tablespoon water
– 8 whole-wheat hot dog buns, lightly toasted
– 2 small jalapeños, thinly sliced
– 1/4 cup diced red onion
1. Place cashews in a bowl with water to cover by 1 inch. Let stand 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Trim ends from carrots to fit hot dog buns. Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrots, and round edges to create a hot dog shape.
3. Place oil, tamari, liquid smoke (if desired), paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk. Place carrots in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Pour oil mixture over carrots; rub to coat on all sides. Bake at 450°F for 35 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes.
4. Drain cashews. Place cashews, jarred salsa, almond milk, yeast, cayenne pepper, cumin, turmeric, and salt in a high-powered blender. Process until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in up to 1 tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
5. Place 1 roasted carrot in each bun. Top each with 2 tablespoons nacho sauce; top evenly with jalapeño slices and diced red onion.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.