– 2 (15-oz.) cans unsalted diced tomatoes, divided
– 2 (15-oz.) cans unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt, dividedv
– 1 cup chopped red onion
– 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
– 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-in. pieces (about 8 oz.)
– 1 large yellow squash, cut into 1-in. pieces (about 8 oz.)
– 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces (about 5 oz.)
– 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Drain 1 can tomatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Drain remaining 1 can tomatoes; discard liquid. Combine tomatoes, reserved 1/2 cup liquid, and chickpeas in a bowl.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and next 5 ingredients (through eggplant); sauté 7 to 8 minutes or until slightly tender. Stir in tomato mixture and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover, and cook 5 minutes.
3. Uncover pan; stir in vinegar, paprika, and black pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetable mixture is slightly thickened. Divide vegetable mixture among 4 shallow bowls; drizzle servings evenly with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with basil leaves, if desired.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.