– 1 small red onion, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 bell peppers, chopped (I used an orange and a red one)
– 1 cup quinoa, uncooked and pre-rinsed
– 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
– 3 cups canned diced tomatoes
– 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 cups frozen corn
– 1 tablespoon paprika powder
– 1/2 tablespoon cumin
– Juice of one lime
– 2 green onions
– 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
– Salt, to taste
– Black pepper, to taste
– Red pepper flakes
– 1 avocado, to serve
1. Heat some oil in a large pot or pan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Then add the garlic and the bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes on high heat.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the lime juice, the green onions, and the parsley.
3. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes. As the temperature varies a bit, make sure to check once in a while that your quinoa is not burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan by stirring with a wooden spoon. If so, lower the heat.
4. Then stir in the lime juice, the green onions, the parsley and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Serve with avocado on top.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.