– 1 cup rolled oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
– 1/2 cup flax meal
– 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup maple syrup
– 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
– 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
– 1/3 cup dried cranberries
– pinch of pink or sea salt to taste
1. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the oats, flax meal, peanut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup a few times just until combined. Add the pepitas, chocolate, and cranberries and pulse again a couple of times until just mixed in.
2. Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Press the energy bar mix into the bottom very firmly. I find it helps to use the back of a cup to really pack it in. I like to sprinkle just a tiny bit of salt on top.
3. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, at least an hour. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.