– 1 large head cauliflower (about 3-1/2 pounds), broken into florets
– 6 cups vegetable stock
– 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and divided
– 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 to 3 teaspoons harissa chili paste or hot pepper sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– Additional harissa chili paste, optional
1. In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine cauliflower, vegetable stock, 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup cilantro and the next seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until cauliflower is tender, 6-8 hours.
2. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to slow cooker and heat through. Serve with remaining almonds and cilantro and, if desired, additional harissa.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.