– Cauliflower 1 large
– Jerk paste 1-2 tbsp, (depending on how hot you like it)
– Limes 2, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges to serve
– Basmati rice 100g
– Coconut milk 165ml
– Red kidney beans 200g tin, drained and rinsed
– Spring onions 4, chopped
1. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cut 2 thick slices from the middle of the cauliflower (save the rest to use for soup or cauliflower cheese). Mix the jerk paste and lime juice and brush the cauliflower on both sides. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Put the cauliflower steaks on a non-stick baking tray and roast for 40-45 minutes or until the stem is tender and the cauliflower is charring at the edges.
3. Meanwhile put the rice, coconut milk and 150ml water in a pan and season well with salt. Bring to a simmer then put on a lid and cook gently for 15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, adding the beans for the final 3 minutes of cooking. Stir through 1/2 the spring onions. Put the lid back on and leave to steam if the cauliflower needs a little longer.
4. Serve the cauliflower with the rice, the extra spring onions sprinkled over and the lime wedges.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.