– 2 (20 ounce) cans green jackfruit in brine, rinsed and coarsely shredded
– 1 cup chopped white onion
– ½ cup water
– ¼ cup orange juice
– 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
– 4 teaspoons minced garlic
– 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– ¼ cup lime juice plus 2 tablespoons, divided
– ¼ teaspoon kosher salt plus 1/8 teaspoon, divided
– 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
– 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
– 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1. Combine jackfruit, onion, water, orange juice, chipotle, garlic, brown sugar, cumin, coriander, 1/4 cup lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the onion is softened, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until the liquid reduces by half, about 5 more minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons oil, increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring once, until the jackfruit is lightly charred, 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Combine cabbage and the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
3. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide the jackfruit mixture evenly among the tortillas and top with slaw.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.