French toast batter:
– 1 small to medium ripe banana
– 1/2 cup (0.5 cup) non dairy milk such as almond milk
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tbsp flour i use unbleached white
– 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
– 1 tsp oil
– 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) nutmeg
– a very good pinch of salt and black pepper
– 2 ripe bananas sliced
– 2 tbsp coconut sugar or vegan brown sugar
– 2 tbsp non dairy milk
– a good pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg
1. Blend everything under french toast batter and transfer to a shallow bowl.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil and spread.
3. Place bread slice in the batter for 2 seconds, then flip and soak for another 2 seconds. Remove the batter and let the excess fall off for 2 to 3 seconds. Place in the hot skillet.
4. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side. If your stove runs hot, cook at medium low heat.
5. You want to cook the batter really well and caramelize the banana in it but not burn it. If the french toast is not done, the bread will not release from the pan easily. Let it cook another minute or so. Flip and cook the other side.
6. Place in a serving plate, Add a helping of the caramelized bananas, some fresh fruit, maple syrup and vegan butter and serve immediately.
1. Combine banana slices, sugar and non dairy milk, nutmeg and a pinch of salt in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until the mixture thickens. about 6 minutes. Stir occasionally. Make a double batch of these to serve on the side or over oatmeal.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.