– Handful vegan chocolate chips
– Strawberries , chopped for topping
– Powdered sugar , optional for topping
– 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour , or regular pastry flour
– 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
– 1 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
– 2 teasp baking powder
– 1/4 teasp salt
– 1/4 cup oats
– 1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
– 1/4 cup unsweetened applesaucev
– 1/2 teasp vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk , or non-dairy milk of choice
– 1 – 2 tbsp pure maple syrup , depending on preferred level of sweetness, or save the extra 1 tbsp to pour on top of the finished pancakes
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. In another larger mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
3. In small batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until fully combined, being careful not to over-mix.
4. Carefully fold in the vegan chocolate chips (feel free to add as many or as little as you wish).
5. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes as you heat your waffle maker to the desired setting (if you like your waffles crispy, set it to the darker setting).
6. Once the waffle maker is preheated, lightly spray it with non-stick coconut oil cooking spray on both sides.
7. Pour in the correct amount of batter, as indicated by your waffle maker , to the center and close/flip, allowing the batter to spread. Once the waffle is done, remove, place on a cooling rack, and repeat to make the rest of the waffles as needed.
8. If you are not planning on eating the waffles right away, be sure to cool them on a cooling rack so that the moisture does not get to them and they stay crispy.
9. To serve, top with the reserved 1 tbsp maple syrup, dust some some powdered sugar on top (optional), and top with freshly chopped strawberries.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.