– 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
– 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 large onion, diced
– 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
– 2 celery ribs, diced
– 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable stock
– 1 teaspoon garam masala
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– Water or additional vegetable stock
– Fresh cilantro leaves
– Lime wedges, optional
1. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, bring first 14 ingredients to a boil. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Adjust consistency as desired with water (or additional stock). Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve hot, with lime wedges if desired.
2. Freeze option: Before adding cilantro, freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.