– 1 tablespoon canola oil
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
– 2 teaspoons ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon garam masala
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
– 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
– 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
– 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– Chopped fresh cilantro
– Hot cooked rice
– Sliced red onion, optional
– Lime wedges,
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender, 2-4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and dry seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes; transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
2. Stir in chickpeas, potato and stock. Cook, covered, on low until potato is tender and flavors are blended, 6-8 hours.
3. Stir in lime juice; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with rice and, if desired, red onion and lime wedges.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.