– a large bunch of broccoli 2.5 + cups florets or 2 heaping cups shredded
– 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onion
– 1/4 cup (4 g) packed cilantro
– 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
– 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) smoked or regular paprika
– 1 tsp chipotle pepper powder
– 1 tsp oil
– 1 tbsp bbq sauce
– 3/4 cup (90 g) chickpea flour
1. Process the broccoli florets, onion and cilantro in a processor.
2. Transfer to a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Mix well to distribute. Let sit for a minute or 2 for the broccoli to leak enough moisture so you can form patties. If it is too wet, add more flour. If too dry and does not stick well, wait for another few mins or sprinkle some water and mix and press to see if the mixture sticks.
3. Shape into 5 to 6 patties. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of oil and spread.
4. Pan fry the patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with sriracha, ketchup, bbq sauce, marinara or a cooling ranch.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.