– 5 cups fresh spinach
– 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
– 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
– 3 spring onions (ends trimmed)
– 6 large eggs
– 3 tablespoons almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 small boiling potatoes (peeled, cut into cubes, and cooked)
– 1/4 cup Parmesan
1. In a food processor, chop the spinach, parsley, cilantro, and spring onions.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the almond flour and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the spinach mixture and stir to combine.
3. In a large sauté pan over moderate heat, warm the olive oil. Pour the egg mixture into the pan then add the potato cubes, spreading them out evenly. Season with additional salt and pepper.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until the underside is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
5. Cut the frittata into quarters and flip each one over. Cover and cook until the frittata is firm and the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. During the last few minutes of cooking, sprinkle the frittata with Parmesan.
6. Serve hot with salsa on the side or cold on sandwich bread.