– 1/2 pound chicken tenders
– 1/2 cup chipotles in adobo sauce (about ¾ of 7-ounce can)
– 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 ears of corn or 1 cup frozen corn
– 1/2 cup quinoa
– 1/4 head of cauliflower
– 1/4 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
– 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
– 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
– 1/4 cup Cotija cheese, grated (Parmesan can be substituted)
– 1/4 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
– 1/2 fresh lime, juiced
1. Place chicken and chipotles in 1-gallon freezer bag, refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
2. Preheat the grill. When it’s hot, sprinkle ½ teaspoon olive oil on each ear of corn, wrap in foil, place on the side of the grill, and cover. (You can also boil the corn; place in cold water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Drain and remove the kernels.) Cook for 10 minutes, turn the corn over; remove the chicken from the plastic bag and place onto the grill. Cook for 6 minutes on each side. Turn the grill off. Remove the chicken and corn, then unwrap the corn and place back on the grill for a few minutes to get grill marks. After corn has cooled, cut the kernels off the ears by holding cobs vertically and slicing downwards. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
3. Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions in a large saucepan. In a food processor, add cauliflower and process until it’s a rice- like consistency.
4. In a large nonstick pan, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, and then add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, or until softened.
5. Into the quinoa pan, add cauliflower, chicken, corn, onion, garlic, black beans, and cilantro. Warm over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add Cotija cheese. Garnish with avocado slices, pumpkin seeds, and lime juice and serve!