Rainbow Bell Pepper Boats With Garbanzo Beans And Kale
Makes 4 servings. Per Serving:
– 2 cups instant brown rice (cooked)
– 4 medium bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange)
– 2 cups kale (chopped)
– 1 can 15 oz garbanzo beans, unsalted
– 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Slice bell peppers in half vertically and remove seeds.
4. Reserve about half of garbanzo beans; mash remaining portion with a fork.
5. Mix rice with kale, garbanzo beans (mashed and whole), nuts, salt, and pepper.
6. Fill peppers with mix; place in baking dish and cover.