Makes 4 servings. Per Serving:
– 2 summer squash
– 3 cups cooked brown rice
– 1 cup diced tomatoes
– 1 cup squash pulp (from summer squash listed above)
– 1 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 tablespoon fresh basil
– 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Wash and cut squash in half, lengthwise. Remove the large seeds.
2. Steam the squash, skin side down, in a small amount of water in a fry pan or skillet until slightly tender (but not mushy).
3. Scoop out a good amount of pulp (1 cup), place in a bowl and mix with stuffing (brown rice through Parmesan cheese).
4. Place the squash shells in a baking dish. Stuff the squash with the stuffing mixture.
5. Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.