Makes 4 servings. Per Serving:
– 2 chicken breasts (thawed, skin and bone removed from each piece)
– 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic (finely chopped)
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2/3 tablespoon taco seasoning or chili powder (optional)
– 1 green pepper (sliced)
– 1 onion (medium, sliced)
– 4 soft tortillas (6-inch size)
– 1/4 head of romaine lettuce (sliced thin)
– 1/4 cup tomatoes (diced)
– 4 teaspoons fresh tomato salsa
– 1 tablespoon parsley or cilantro (chopped, optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix chicken, vegetable oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. If using taco seasoning or chili powder, add them too.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
4. While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook the pepper and onion, on stovetop, over medium heat until done (about 12 minutes).
5. Cook the chicken over medium heat. Cook each side about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Place chicken on a plate. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into strips.
7. To make the tacos, put chicken on the tortilla first. Add peppers and onion strips next. Top with lettuce, tomato, and salsa. If using parsley or cilantro, add that too.