Makes 8 servings. Per Serving:
– 2 onions (sliced)
– 1 clove garlic (chopped)
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 4 cups turkey breast (chopped or chicken)
– 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
– 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
– 2 cups low-sodium carrots (canned and drained)
– 2 cups low-sodium tomatoes (canned and drained)
– 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (if you like)
– 6 potatoes (baked, peeled and mashed)
1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, cook the onions and garlic in one tablespoon of oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the turkey. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to blend.
3. Add the chicken broth, carrots, and tomatoes. If using rosemary, add that too. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
4. Oil casserole dish with remaining oil and pour in mixture.
5. Spread the potatoes over the top. Bake in oven at 375 degree F 20 to 30 minutes, or until browned.