Makes 4 servings. Per Serving:
– 4 portabella mushrooms (3-inch diameter)
– Cooking spray
– 3 large eggs
– 6 egg whites from 6 eggs
– 1/2 cup whole-wheat grated bread crumbs
– 1/4 cup nonfat milk
– 1 teaspoon low-sodium garlic & herb blend
– 1 cup cooked and drained, chopped, frozen spinach
– 1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, divided
1. Place oven rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. Remove portabella stems; wipe clean with damp paper towel.
3. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, and place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients, except 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
5. Coat 10-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium flame.
6. Cook and scramble egg mixture until it just starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
7. Using a large spoon, scoop partially cooked, hot egg mixture into portabella caps.
8. Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.