Makes 6 servings. Per Serving:
– 1 pie crust (baked, 9-inch)
– 1 cup vegetables (chopped, broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms)
– 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
– 3 egg (beaten)
– 1 cup milk (non-fat)
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Shred the cheese with a grater. Put it in a small bowl for now.
3. Chop the vegetables until you have 1 cup of chopped vegetables.
4. Cook the vegetables until they are cooked, but still crisp.
5. Put the cooked vegetables and shredded cheese into a pie shell.
6. Mix the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
7. Pour the egg mix over the cheese and vegetables
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
9. Let the quiche cool for 5 minutes before serving