Makes 4 servings. Per Serving:
– 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
– 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
– 1/3 cup minced onion
– 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
– 4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
– 3 tablespoons real bacon bits or pieces
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground pepper to taste
– Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish.
2. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic).
3. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave.
4. Use oven mitts or a towel to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build up and let cool.
5. Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl with remaining ingredients; stir and mix well.