Makes 6 servings. Per Serving:
– 1 apple (Granny Smith)
– 1 1/4 cups pancake mix (any type)
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 large egg
– 2 teaspoons canola oil
– 1 cup milk, low-fat
1. Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
2. Peel, core and thinly slice apple into rings.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients for pancake batter. Stir until ingredients are evenly moist. (Small lumps are ok! Over-mixing makes pancakes tough.)
4. For each pancake, place apple ring on griddle and pour about 1/4 cup batter over apple ring, starting in the center and covering the apple.
5. Cook until bubbles appear. Turn and cook other side until lightly brown.