Makes 4 servings. Per Serving:
– 4 slices whole-wheat bread, cut into ½-inch cubes
– 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
– 1/2 teaspoon salt, truffle flavor or regular
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 8 ounces salmon fillets
– 5 cups kale, stems removed, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 head)
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 lemon, juiced
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup chopped black olives
– 1 egg
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and dry.
2. Meanwhile, season the salmon with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, add the salmon skin-‐‑side down and cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook 2 minutes more, or until salmon is firm. Remove skin.
3. In a large salad bowl, add the kale. Place the whole uncracked egg into a cup with hot water and let sit for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ¼ cup olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Crack the egg into the dressing and whisk until combined. Add the dressing to the kale and massage in so that the kale is well coated. Flake the salmon and add to the kale along with Parmesan, olives, and croutons. Toss well to combine.