– 1 ½ cups chicken broth
– 1 cup pumpkin puree
– 4 tablespoons butter
– ¼ medium onion, chopped
– 2 cloves roasted garlic, minced (recipe here)
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon pepper
– ½ teaspoon freshly minced ginger
– ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
– ¼ teaspoon coriander
– 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 large bay leaf
– ½ cup heavy whipping cream
– 4 slices cooked bacon
– 3 tablespoons leftover bacon grease v
Optional per serving:
– 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
– 2 tablespoons sour cream
1. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add butter and let it melt completely. You want it to darken into a golden color.
2. Dice the ¼ medium, mince the 2 cloves of roasted garlic, and mince ½ tsp. fresh ginger.
3. In a small container, mix together all of your spices so you have them together. ½ tsp. Salt, ½ tsp. Pepper, ½ tsp. Freshly Minced Ginger, ¼ tsp. Cinnamon, ¼ tsp. Coriander, 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg, and 1 Bay Leaf.
4. Once the butter has turned a dark golden color, add onion, garlic, and ginger to the pan and stir well. Let this saute for about 2-3 minutes or until onions start to go translucent.
5. Measure out 1 cup of pumpkin puree and set aside.
6. Once onions are translucent, add spices to the pan and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add pumpkin puree to pan and stir into the onions and spices well.
8. Once the pumpkin is mixed well, add 1 ½ cup chicken broth to the pan. Stir until everything is combined.
9. Bring to a boil and then turn to low, let this simmer for 20 minutes.
10. Once simmered, use an immersion blender to blend together all of the ingredients. You want a smooth puree here so make sure you take your time. Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
11. In the mean time, cook 4 slices of bacon over medium heat. Use a grease catcher to keep the mess off of your stove-top.
12. Once the soup is ready, pour in ½ cup heavy cream and the grease from the cooked bacon (this should be around 3 tbsp.) mix well
13. Crumble the bacon over the top of the soup. Optional: Serve with chopper parsley and 2 tbsp. sour cream.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.