Scallops with Lemon Butter Sauce and Herbed Cauliflower Rice
Makes 4 servings. Per Serving:
– 1 lb scallops defrosted
– Sea salt and pepper
– 1/4 cup ghee divided
– 4 cloves garlic minced
– 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
– Parsley for garnish
– 12 oz cauliflower rice
– 1 Tbsp ghee or avocado oil
– 2 cloves garlic minced
– 1/3 cup fresh herbs chopped (parsley and dill are my choices)
– Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat the ghee or oil in a med/large skillet over medium-low heat and add the garlic. Cook and stir about 45 seconds or until softened, then stir cauliflower rice into the skillet and raise the heat to medium. Cook and stir until the rice is tender – about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in the chopped herbs and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Keep warm while you prepare the scallops.
1. Pat the scallops dry and season all over with salt and black pepper. Melt one tablespoon of the ghee in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Once sizzling, add the scallops in a single layer and cook 2 minutes. Flip each one and continue to cook 1-2 minutes on the second side. Turn off the heat, remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
2. Return the skillet to medium low heat and add the remaining
3 tablespoons of ghee. Once melted, stir in the garlic and cook about 30-45 seconds or until soft. Stir in the lemon juice and cook another 30 seconds, then remove from heat. Serve the scallops with the lemon butter sauce and herbed cauliflower rice. Garnish scallops with minced parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.