– Portobello Bun
– ½ tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– Pinch of salt
– Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
– 2 caps portobello mushroom caps
– Delicious Burger Patty
– 6 ounces organic grass fed beef
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your griddle to high.
2. In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Clean portobello mushrooms by scraping out the gills. Add portobello caps, brush to coat, and let them marinade until ready to grill the meat.
4. In a separate bowl, combine ground beef, dijon, salt, pepper, and cheese.
5. Form meat mixture into a rounded patty.
6. Place “buns” on grill and let them cook for about 8 minutes or until heated through.
7. Add burger to the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side(medium rare).
8. Remove portobello caps and burger from the grill.
9. Wrap that sweet burger between your two mushroom buns, and lay on the fixin’s. Sugar free ketchup, onion, arugula, tomato – whatever you like! These are great served with our fried mac and cheese.
If you need lower macros on this one, it’s really easy. Just get smaller portobello caps, and use less meat. Switch to chicken or turkey, and make some sliders instead!
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.