– 2 duck breasts with skin on
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 courgettes (aka zucchini)
– 1 daikon
– 2 green bell peppers
– 1 spring onion stalk
– salt and pepper
– Optional: garlic, ginger, Chinese five-spicve
1. Slice the duck breasts across into thin strips, about 3-5mm thick
2. Chop up the vegetables
3. Get the vegetables cooking first
4. Heat up some coconut oil or another vegetable oil (except olive oil) for 1 minute or so
5. Stick your veggies in, add salt and pepper
Optional: add Chinese Five-Spice, or another oriental-flavoured spice mix. If you have the time to chop garlic and ginger, they will go well with this dish.
6. Fry on high-medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. You can vary the frying time depending on how you prefer your veggies – very soft, or a bit crunchy
8. While your veggies are frying, start cooking the duck
9. Get a second frying pan and heat it up dry for 1-2 minutes on high heat. No oil required – duck breast will quickly shed lots of fat into the pan.
10. Throw your sliced duck on the hot pan and fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning slices over at least once
11. Switch off the heat and season the duck with salt and pepper
12. Put your cooked veggies on a plate and add fried duck slices on top
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.