– 10 slices good-quality bacon (from 1 package of bacon)
– ½ tablespoon olive oil
– 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
– 3 cups packed organic spinach
– 6 large eggs
– ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk will work)
– Freshly ground salt and pepper
– ⅓ cup feta or goat cheese crumbles
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add bacon slices to muffin pan (we’re only using 10 of the muffin cups) and wrap bacon in a circle around the edges of the tin. The bacon will likely overlap a bit, but that’s okay. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. While the bacon is cooking, you can saute your veggies: In a large skillet, add in olive oil, garlic and mushrooms; saute for 5 minutes or until mushrooms cook down and begin to turn a slight golden brown. Once that happens, add in spinach and cook for another 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and almond milk. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4.When bacon is done cooking, remove from oven and rearrange the slices. You can drain some of the grease if you’d like but it I like to keep it in because it helps the muffins not stick to the pan. Most likely they will have shrunk up during baking; simply pull the slices back with a fork towards the edges so that’s there’s enough room to add in the veggies and egg mixture.
5. Evenly distribute veggies between each muffin cup, then pour egg mixture in each cup, filling a little more than halfway, or so that there is even distribution. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Once done, cool for two minutes, then run the edge of a knife around each egg cup and remove from pan. Serve with a side of avocado slices. Makes 10 egg cups. 1 serving = 2 egg cups.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.