– Tartar sauce
– ¾ cup mayonnaise
– 4 tbsp dill pickle relish
– ½ tbsp curry powder
– 1½ lbs rutabaga
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– salt and pepper
– 1½ lbs white fish
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup almond flour
– 3 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
– 1 tsp paprika powder
– ½ tsp onion powder
– 1 tsp salt
– ¼ tsp pepper
– 2 cups oil for frying
– 1 lemon, for serving
1. Mix all ingredients for the tartar sauce. Place in the fridge while making the rest of the dish.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Peel the rutabaga and cut into thin chips. Brush the chips with oil and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chips, until golden brown.
3. While the rutabaga is cooking, prepare the fish. Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk with a fork until yolks are broken and eggs are combined and frothy.
4. On a plate, mix almond flour, parmesan cheese and seasonings.
5. Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces, approximately 1 x 1 inch, and cover with the almond flour mix. Dip in beaten eggs and then cover again with almond coating.
6. Heat the oil in a deep sauce pan to 340°F–360°F (170-180°C). (Always keep a lid within reach in case the oil catches fire. Never use water on burning oil. Place the lid on the pan and remove from the heat.) You can also use a deep fryer if you have one, follow instructions for your device.
7. Fry the fish for 3 minutes on each side or until the breading is golden brown and the fish is cooked through. Serve with the baked rutabaga fries and tartar sauce.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.