– 2 Tbspbutter, divided
– 4 slices(1 oz each) Canadian bacon
– sea salt
– 4 large eggs
– 4 slices keto bread, such as Julian Bakery Paleo Thin coconut bread
– 4 slices tomato, 1/2-inch thick
– pinch of paprika, for garnish (optional)
– minced chives, for garnish (optional)
FOR THE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
– 3large egg yolks
– 1 Tbsplemon juice
– 1 Tbsphot water
– 8 Tbsp(4 oz) melted butter
– pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the Canadian bacon and cook until golden on both sides, about 6 minutes total, flipping halfway through. Set aside.
2. Fill a large, nonstick skillet with 1 inch of water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Crack 1 egg at a time into a small ramekin, then gently pour it into the simmering water without allowing the eggs to touch. Remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let the eggs poach undisturbed for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a shallow bowl and reserve.
3. Make the hollandaise sauce: combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender, pulse a few times to combine, then, with the blender running, slowly add the melted butter and blend until smooth. Blend in the 1 tablespoon hot water, then season to taste with cayenne pepper and salt.
4. Toast the bread slices and butter, using the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
5. To serve, divide the toasted, buttered bread between 4 plates. Top each bread slice with a tomato slice, a slice of Canadian bacon, and a poached egg. Pour some of the hollandaise sauce over the egg, garnish with paprika and chives, and serve immediately.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.