– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 lb ground beef
– 28 oz peeled whole tomatoes
– 2 tbsp tomato paste
– 1/2 cup onion — chopped
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp oregano
– 2 tsp basil
– 2 tsp sweetener — erythritol for Keto, sugar for non keto
– 2 tsp salt — more to taste
– 3 oz red wine — optional
– 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes — optional
– 6 zucchini — spiralized
– 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
To make the Bolognese sauce:
1. In a large pan (or pot) heat olive oil. Add the meat and cook for 4 minutes, breaking it down with a wooden spoon, to crumble while cooking.
2. Add the onion, salt, garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, sweetener. Add the tomato paste and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Using a wooden spoon stir and press the tomatoes to break into smaller pieces.
4. Cook uncovered for 20-25 more minutes on medium-low heat, until the sauce it thick and tomatoes are cooked and tender, stirring occasionally. The longer you cook the meat and tomatoes together, the better the sauce will taste.
5. Spiralize zucchini, or alternatively, use low-carb pasta. (You can cook the zucchini in a pan with a little bit of oil for 3-5 minutes or serve them raw).
6.Serve zucchini noodles with the Bolognese sauce and topped with cheese.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.