– 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided
– 1 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
– 1/2 lb Ground Beef
– 1/4 Cup Minced Onion
– 1 Tbsp Cumin
– 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
– 1 Tsp Paprika
– 1 Tsp Onion Powder
– 1 Tsp Garlic Power
– 1/2 Tsp Salt
– 1/2 Tsp Pepper
– 1/2 Cup Water
– 1/8 Cup Pickled Jalapeños (Optional)
– 1/2 Cup Enchiladas Sauce
– 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1. Brown the beef with the minced onion. In a cup mix the cumin, chilli powder, onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper with the water. Then pour over the browned ground beef. Let simmer for 5 – 10 minutes or until all the liquid is evaporated. Chop the add the pickled jalapeños. Mix until incorporated.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix 1 1/4 cup of the cheddar and all of the mozzarella cheese. Divide the cheese mixture into 6 then make balls. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake @ 400 F for 6-8 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
3. Let cool for 1- 2 minutes. Flip upside down, then place a few spoonfuls of the beef on the edge of each shell. Tightly roll each one into a cigar shape. (You need to do this quite quickly, before the cheese hardens)
4. Turn your oven temperature down to 350 F. Place the cheesy beef rolls in a row on a small baking pan or dish. Then pour the enchiladas sauce evenly over them. Cover with remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, then bake for 8 – 10 minutes of until the cheese on top is melted.
5. Remove from the pan and serve with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.