– 4 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
– 1 small can Pizza Sauce
– 1/2 8oz package button mushrooms, sliced
– 1 small red onion, diced
– 1/2 green pepper, diced
– 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil (optional topping)
– 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional topping)
– Homemade quick turkey sausage (alternative option: use storebought turkey/pork sausage, remove casings and break up with spoon)
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 1/2 lb ground turkey
– 2 tsp fennel seeds
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning (or 1/2 tsp oregano & 1/2 tsp basil)
1. Preheat olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add turkey and seasonings, crushing up with a crushing spoon and mixing well. Cook for 5-6 minutes until turkey is browned and fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh. On a baking sheet or in a 9×13 casserole dish, spread each zucchini boat with pizza sauce, then top with sausage, mushrooms, red onion, green pepper and cheese.
3. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil and chili flakes. Serve and enjoy!
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.