– 2 liters filtered water (about 8 1/2 cups)
– 1 whole chicken (pastured and organic preferred)
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 3 1/2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin (or two 15-ounce cans of canned pumpkin, BPA-free)
– Juice from 1 lime
– 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
– 2 medium zucchinis
– 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
– 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
– 1 cup coconut cream
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 2 shallots (optional)
– 4 cloves of garlic (optional)
– 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
– Black pepper, to taste
1. In a slow cooker or stock pot, add chicken and cover with water and apple cider vinegar. (Chicken may remain partially uncovered.)
2 Heat the pot or slow cooker on low heat and simmer for 4 hours, or until chicken can be pulled apart.
3. Carefully remove the chicken from the pot and set aside. Strain bone or skin fragments and reserve the remaining stock. Return stock to the pot and add pumpkin, zucchinis, and ginger. Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes. Add zucchini and simmer an additional 15 minutes, or until pumpkin and zucchini are tender.
4. While vegetables cook, pull the meat off your chicken and set aside.
5. Once the pumpkin has softened, add the parsley, cilantro, shallots, lime juice, coconut cream and chicken to warm through.
6. Taste the mix and ensure the salt, lime juice and spices are adjusted to your liking.
7. Serve hot, garnished with extra fresh herbs.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.