– 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
– 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
– 1 large egg
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 stalk (64 g) celery
– 1 tablespoon sour cream
– 3 tablespoons Franks Red Hot Original
– 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
– 1 stalk (12 g) green onion
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grind up the chicken thighs using the blade attachment on a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add ½ cup of shredded mozzarella, egg, oregano, pepper, and salt to the mixing bowl.
3. Mix the chicken crust together until all of the shredded cheese is tucked inside the, “dough.”
4. Lay a piece of parchment paper across the top of a pizza pan. (I’m using this 14 inch cast iron pizza pan.) You can also use a large baking sheet. Spread the chicken out with the back of a spoon until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick and in the shape that you want. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the crust is cooked through and starting to brown on top.
5. While the crust is cooking, melt the butter in a skillet. Finely dice the celery and cook until it wilts and starts to brown.
6. In a small bowl mix the sour cream and two tablespoons of Franks Red Hot Original.
7. Once the crust is finished, remove it from the oven.
8. Spread the sauce mixture over the base of the crust. Layer with the cooked celery, remaining ½ cup of mozzarella, and the blue cheese crumbles.
9. Cook for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starts to brown. I like to switch the oven to broil for the last few minutes, but you have to watch it very carefully! Drizzle Franks Red Hot sauce across the top, and garnish with green onion slices.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.