– 10 oz ground beef
– 3 oz butter
– 9 oz broccoli
– 4 oz cheese
– Salt and pepper (to taste)
– Garlic powder (to taste)
– Onion powder (to taste)
– Cayenne pepper (optional, if you like it spicy)
1. Rinse and trim the broccoli. Cut it into small florets.
2. Take out a large frying pan and heat your butter. Brown the ground beef on medium-high heat and season it to taste with the spices of your choice in the ingredients list.
3. Reduce the heat to low and pull out a second frying pan.
4. In the second pan, on a second burner, fry the broccoli for a few minutes. While it is frying, be sure to stir your ground beef to keep it from over-browning.
5. Add the broccoli to the cooked ground beef and season everything with another dash of spices. Stir everything together to make sure that the spices have mixed through.
6. Take your broccoli and beef and place it into a casserole or au gratin dish. Top the beef and broccoli with your favorite shredded cheese and broil it in the oven for about five minutes.
If you’d prefer not to use the oven, you will be able to get some melty cheese going on top of the beef and broccoli without it (just because of how hot it will be after cooking), but the oven is what creates the cheesy crispiness.
All content on InGoodHealth.co is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Consult your healthcare provider for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.